ICCR SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE YEAR 2017-18
- The Embassy of India in Dakar announces that Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) of the Government of India has offered scholarships to the meritorious students from Senegal, The Gambia, Cabo Verde and Guinea-Bissau under the Africa Scholarship Scheme for the Academic Year 2017-18.
- Those interested in applying for any Bachelor/Master degree courses in India, may please send an email at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org to get details of the Scholarship Scheme, Application forms, and other instructions.
- The Universities and Colleges in India are autonomous bodies and selection of the candidate for admission in particular University/College is not only competitive but rigorous also. It is the prerogative of the concerned University/College to select the candidate for admission under the Scheme. Therefore, only submission of the application form does not confirm admission. The prospective students, therefore, must do due diligence & research on the specific admission criteria laid down by the various Universities for each subject, and ensure that they fulfill the criteria of admission and submit all relevant documentation as required by the Universities in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form.
- The list of universities where ICCR scholars are usually studying is available on the ICCR Website at www.iccr.gov.in.
- In case of Scholars pursuing Science courses, the expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges will be borne by the scholars themselves.
- For B.E./B.Tech. courses, it may be ensured that the candidates have taken Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) in their school leaving examinations as these are mandatory for Engineering courses in all Indian universities/colleges.
- ICCR does NOT arrange admission in Medical/Paramedical (Nursing/Physiotherapy/Anesthesia etc.) /Fashion courses.
- Return economy class airfares to the airport nearest to their place of study and 3rd AC train fares to the nearest railway station if so required would be provided to the students selected under these schemes.
- It would be appreciated if aspiring students send their application form duly attested by the Official Agencies in their respective countries before sending the nomination to the Embassy of India. It may also be noted that sufficient command of English language for pursuing higher education in India is an essential prerequisite. Students selected under this scheme have to undergo English Test which may be conducted by the Embassy if found necessary. The last date for receipt of applications by the Embassy of India, Dakar is 10 January, 2017. The applications received after the due date will not be accepted at any circumstances.