Visa on Line
A decision has been taken by Government of India to make it a mandatory requirement for all applicants for an Indian Visa to apply on line. This system of on line application is being rolled out in a phased manner in all Indian Embassies and Consulates around the world.
With effect from 1st October 2014, applications for visas for India should be submitted online using http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa website.
Applicants are also advised to upload their photo while applying online. After filling up the application form online, please take a printout of the computer generated application form, duly sign it and submit the same along with 2 photographs, requisite documents for the type of visa and visa fee at the Embassy of India, 5 Avenue Carde, Dakar, Senegal for further processing. Application without photo upload is incomplete and shall not be accepted.
When filling in the application form online, applicants should select “Senegal-Dakar” in the field “Indian Mission”. This applies to nationals of Senegal, The Gambia, Guinea Bissau and Cabo Verde as also the nationals of other countries who are residing in these countries and would like to make an application to the Embassy of India, Dakar. They would be required to submit proof of residence. All visa applicants need to visit the Embassy in person to submit the application and enrolment of biometric data.
Please note that no handwritten visa application will be accepted. For any further clarification please contact the Embassy of India, Dakar: telephone No. +221 338 495875, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The basic guidelines for filling online application form(https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/) are:
- Meant for those foreigners who are applying for visa from outside India
- Separate application has to be filled for each applicant.
- Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the forms, especially the names, address and date of birth
- Applicant are required to verify the application details before submitting the online application. They have an option to save the online application form in case it is not to be submitted.
- Once the online application is submitted by the applicant, then further modifications are not permitted. Hence applicants are requested to check and validate the details before submitting the online application form.
- Applicants are requested to keep the File number (generated automatically after the submission of one line form) for further communications.
Photo requirements are :
- As per ICAO guidelines 2inchX 2inch is required and 15-20kb size image is ideal for upload
- Photograph should present full face, front view , eyes open
- Centre head within the frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Background should be plain light coloured or white background
- No shadows on the face or on the ground
- Without borders
- For details refer to http://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
- Photos which do not meet these specifications will not be accepted.
Fees for visa service are accepted in cash in XCFA only at the Embassy. A valid ‘Yellow Fever Inoculation Certificate’ is mandatory for obtaining visa. A copy of the certificate should be enclosed with the visa application form.
Please do not finalize your travel arrangements to India before obtaining the requisite visa.
We seek your patience and understanding for any inconvenience that may be caused.
* * * * * * * *